[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Policy-team

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Feb 8 21:34:46 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

>> So, especially given that not all people read their email every day,
>> it is better to give room for that, with a 1 week minimum discussion
>> period for policy.
>
> A week seems alright for me. What about a maximum after which, if
> there's no consensus we proceed to a vote? 10 days seems enough and
> prevents evaporation.

Some discussions take longer than 10 days. I dont think putting an
automatic vote trigger in place is neccessarily the right thing to do.

If on the other hand, discussion has stalled for [x] amount of time, I
think it would be fair to allow for any concerned party to call for a
vote, which should then be acted upon.
The tricky bit is in objectively defining "stalled" (vs "being
contended"), and what a good value of "x" is.