[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Policy-team, policy docs, licenses

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Feb 9 21:23:20 CET 2011

2011/2/9 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> 2011/2/9 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:
>>
>> Most of our policies are already written up. You make it sound like we
>> are facing a choice of either writing hundreds of pages ourselves, or
>> copying wholesale from debian.
>> This is a false choice. Most of the policies we need, we already have
>> written up.
>
> Please point me at our abstract and copyright notice.

I did say "most", not "all".

But since you bring those things up:
Do we really *need* a copyright notice? Why? Are we deathly afraid
someone is going to "steal" our policies, and.... what, exactly?

I'm also not sure what is the huge need for "an abstract". or even if
there is, why this is so difficult to do ourselves quickly and easily.
Going by
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
their "abstract" consists of two lines, which basically say, "This is
the policy manual. Stuff in debian, needs to follow debian policy.".

well, Duh.