[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] Policy-team, policy docs, licenses

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 10 03:57:17 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Wed Feb 09 11:02:14 -0500 2011:

> Alright. If somebody is against using GPL for licensing our policies
> document now is the time to speak up.

I fully support using the GPL v2+ for our documentation.

> I think that adapting the Debian policies is a very wise choice. I'm
> against dumbing down by a rewrite with "our[you] own words". We
> don't have the resources to reinvent this stuff also and we need
> formal policies this century.

Agreed.  The Debian folks have invested a large amount of time and
energy into their documentation.  Phil is correct that we do have
existing documentation that can be imported, but where possible, if we
can save time by importing and then modifying their work, that's a win.

Thanks