[csw-maintainers] Call for vote: -dev vs. -devel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Feb 25 19:19:26 CET 2011

2011/2/25 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> 2011/2/24 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:
>>
>> Each "side" gets complete control over their part of the writeup.
>> There should only be editorial fiddling, if either one side gives
>> *factually incorrect* statements, or it is just ludicrously long. (3x
>> the length of the other side, or something)
>
> Yes we can do that.  If you give me the URL of the writeup, I'll send
> it out from the ballotbin website.

Great! Thank you for being flexible.

generally speaking,  I dont think it's a good idea to provide "a url"
for the actual ballot; I think that both writeups need to be fixed
when the vote starts. having things potentially change mid-vote seems
to be inappropriate.

Additionally, I think it is fairest that both sides, get to see what
the other side is writing, at least once, before the vote starts.

My side is pretty short; its basically a synopsys of one of my prior
emails, in the thread you referenced.
As requested, I have put it on a URL:
http://www.bolthole.com/devel.txt

I would suggest that you cut-n-paste it, plus your side, and the
overall ballot wording, into the wiki somewheres, for a last minute
glance-over by all who care about it, and then we can shortly proceed
to the actual vote?