[csw-maintainers] GPG Key Vote

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Feb 26 02:05:20 CET 2011

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Sat Feb 19 10:43:18 -0500 2011:

Hi All,

I'm back in the great white north and starting to slog through my
inbox.  As this is an item that's been delayed by my travels and the
camp, etc, it's time to move on it.

After a quick (California) civics lesson from Geoff in irc today, I
understand that what Phil is attempting to push through with his 'fair
write ups' thing is similar to what elections in California do.  This
is certainly different than what I've ever experienced and I'm sure
other non-American folks may find it peculiar too (maybe not?).  I
still find this a bit odd as it's likely having a partisan party in
the booth with you, I don't mind a pro/con list as long as it's not
directly in the ballot text.

So, the ballotbin vote will be binary choices with 'no frills'
descriptions.  The write up will be on a wiki page[1] and can list
pros/cons.  It will be linked from the ballotbin vote but not directly
included.

The vote choices will still be one per board position with a fourth
question asking whether the key should be held in escrow or directly.

This vote is for the _current_ gpg key.  At camp, we came up with a
much better solution to this whole thing but it will take time to
implement properly, so it's still useful to decide on the handling of
the current asset.

Phil: You've got 24 hours to edit the wiki page.  We're not doing a
      point/rebuttal system though.  Keep it to bullet points.

Maciej: Will you please run the vote starting anytime after midnight
	UTC on the 27th unless there is something obviously wrong with
	the wiki page at that time.

Thanks
-Ben

[1] http://wiki.opencsw.org/vote-gpgkey