[csw-maintainers] MySQL shared libraries - how about /opt/csw/lib?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 1 20:06:57 CET 2011

No dia 1 de Janeiro de 2011 18:52, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> My proposal supports multiple versions of MySQL installed at one time,
>> doesn't it?
>

> maybe you could flush out a specific example of that. I didnt see that
> in what you've written so far.

I did: "The sonames of these libraries are bumped up with every MySQL update:
4.0: libmysqlclient.so.14, 5.0: libmysqlclient.so.15, 5.1:
libmysqlclient.so.16."

In a verbose way:

Binaries that link to MySQL 4 libraries:
NEEDED libmysqlclient.so.14
library found in /opt/csw/lib

Binaries that link to MySQL 5.0 libraries:
NEEDED libmysqlclient.so.15
library found in /opt/csw/lib

Binaries that link to MySQL 5.1 libraries:
NEEDED libmysqlclient.so.16
library found in /opt/csw/lib

Does it make more sense now?