[csw-maintainers] ITP: opencsw-policy

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 2 04:15:05 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Sat Jan 01 08:52:05 -0500 2011:

> This is why I think that we should host our VCS: independence.

IMO, if we move to hosting our own source repository (which isn't a
bad thing), the tool _must_ be a distributed one as each cloned copy
acts as a backup.  Working offline is also an incredible benefit.

(I wasn't intending to open up a VCS discussion here, I was merely
pointing out a feature I thought might be good for this use case.)

> Even though I think that subversion is a leveling choice, I don't
> oppose to move to a distributed VCS as long as we don't change as a
> new fad emerge...

A project such as the policy source would be a good test bed for any
potential change in VCS.  It's small, new and will allow people to get
a feel for a new tool.

Thanks