[csw-maintainers] MySQL shared libraries - how about /opt/csw/lib?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 2 18:07:15 CET 2011

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Sun Jan 02 10:46:59 -0500 2011:

> I agree that it's a good idea and I would like the mysql packages to
> be packaged that way.  In this proposal, I would like to decouple
> the packaging from shared libraries from the rest of mysql packages.
> I would like the mysql shared library packages to stop being special
> and different from all other shared library packages.

If this is a short term step as part of a larger plan to consolidate
the entire package back under the 'normal' prefix, that's good.  Don't
you think it's potentially more inconvenient (to you and the users) to
do this piecemeal though?

> It's the divide and conquer idea - it's easier to tackle one problem
> at a time.  I would like to deal with shared libraries first, and
> when this bit is done, continue with --prefix=/opt/csw.

Ok.

Thanks