[csw-maintainers] [ITP] gdb 7.2

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 7 14:42:57 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Fri Jan 07 03:23:59 -0500 2011:

> I think that we can use libintl without much worry; the kludgy way
> that they use to alleviate a SUN libc issue will fade away when the
> support for Solaris 9 is terminated. Anyway, caution is always a
> good stance.

I have a mostly up-to-date build description for ggettext ready to go,
but I stalled it while waiting for the arbitration results.  It needs
a bit of testing yet too.

I think this package would benefit from being built separately on sol9
and sol10 so that this issue only affects sol9.  I'll try to get back
to this, but if someone else wants to pick it up, most of the work is
done already.

Thanks