[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 9 11:46:15 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Following these external links takes us to clamav.  My opinion is clamav
> shouldn't be delivering the user databases at all so the question of
> where this package delivers them is void.  I'm not asking for any change
> to clam (my opinion didn't count, the maintainer's opinion was clear and
> I now make my own clamav packages with freshclam control), just please
> don't use clamav as a case study for /var.

I think it's more than two years ago so I don't remember having a
strong opinion about it, it was actually me posting for guidance, not
being blocked by Phil as usual.

The response was mixed so the main reason for delivering the files was
that the source did so and my package already did so I just kept doing
it, not because I absolutely didn't want it another way.

With these new complications ahead I would much rather just remove the
files from the package.

/peter