[csw-maintainers] Dependencies on SUNW packages (was: newpkgs libslp1, openslp_devel)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 10 01:41:13 CET 2011

No dia 9 de Janeiro de 2011 23:11, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> It's not fair to say that we don't need to.  When libslp is not on the
>> filesystem, we do need to, but it's too late.  You can imagine a
>> different solution in which you test that certain shared library is
>> there before you install a package.  But this needs a coordinated
>> effort from both developers of installation utilities, and is not
>> likely to be done in a near future.
>

> errr... maybe I'm missing something here. But we already have a
> "test"/safety check. it works with pkg-get, pkgutil, and even plain
> old
> pkgadd.
> Declare a dependency on SUNWslpu.
>
> Its always been "allowed" to do so, so we dont have to change any of
> our standards to do so.
> And it fulfills your "check before install" issue.
>
> What's wrong with that?

In general, that we can't safely declare dependencies on SUNW
packages.  The same files are in different packages on different
Solaris versions.  For example, /usr/lib/sparcv9/libslp.so.1 is in
SUNWslpx on Solaris 9 and in SUNWslpu on Solaris 10.

In our particular case we could declare a dependency on SUNWslpu,
because we don't have 64-bit cups libraries yet.  When we compile
64-bit cups libraries, we won't be able to declare a dependency that
would guarantee the presence of a 64-bit libslp.