[csw-maintainers] [website] procedure/mechanism for proposed changes?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 13 01:46:12 CET 2011

Hi William,

* William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote:
> Thanks for taking time to do some review on the web site :)

you're welcome, my pleasure. Good to see there's someone working on the
site.

> >what's the "official" way to propose changes to pages on our web site?
> Actually we don't have one. It has to be defined.
>
> From a wordpress point of view, articles have different status,
> including a draft status. Drafts are not visible on the web site. So i
> propose to create draft of articles you would like to modify and get
> reviewed.

AFAIR wordpress drafts only accessible to people who are logged in? Or
is this a setting that can be changed? Also, can a draft version be
discarded so that changes which didn't make it don't accidently sneak
into future page versions? Questions over questions :)

> Now question is who is going to review articles :)
>
> I think it depends on the content... Reviewer will certainly not always
> be the same.

Ben and Maciej always served this role well in the past ;) There's two
things when it comes to the review audience: 1) wording/language, that's
where a native english person with a sense for writing will do and 2)
ownership, that's where people who care about and/or maintain the
content should get aware of changes and optionaly give their "yep" or
"nay" comments.

1) is fairly easy and I already naivly used drafts before. For 2) I am
definitly not interested in a complicated control mechanism, just want
to ensure transparency and avoid accidently offending someone when
changing a page.

Sebastian

P.S.: Does wordpress have some sort of change notification mechanism?