[csw-maintainers] [website] procedure/mechanism for proposed changes?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 14 04:29:41 CET 2011

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Thu Jan 13 05:10:03 -0500 2011:

Hi Peter,

> The content itself? I know that the content can be exported/imported
> in XML thus "controllable" isn't it?

Are you envisioning a system whereby a push to the repository triggers
a publishing action to the live site?  We do this at work for one of
our primary sites and it works well.  We're able to lint the content
ahead of time and apply whatever 'policy' to it we want.  It's the
updated to the production servers and mail notice is sent to anyone
with commit rights.

I'd be in favour of such a system for the opencsw website provided it
doesn't add more complexity than it's worth.  We already have
collaborative maintenance of the site and internal wordpress content
versioning...Has anyone done this with wordpress already?

Thanks