[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jan 16 00:09:20 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 3:24 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> This leaves people who have not read this thread, yet are *still
>> voting*, in essentially the following situation:
>
> There is no way to verify this assumption.

It's certainly not true that there is "no way" to do so.
It would be true that there is no way to verify if all we do is look
at the data we have right now.

This could have been "verified" beforehand, by posting the "vote now"
bit only in the mail thread. then you have just ensured that only
people who have read through the thread, will know to vote.
But that goes rather against the principle that every maintainer has
the right to vote on this sort of thing. So its important to have a
proper summary, in the vote itself. Just giving a link to a
potentially extremely lengthy "discussion thread" is not adequate.

EVERY "real world" vote does this!!