[csw-maintainers] [policy] files/dirs in /var/opt/csw

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Jan 19 19:39:08 CET 2011

On 1/18/11, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> But it's already decided.  In fact the /var/ issue was previously set
>> by the reverse.  The previous policy was to support NFS, this already
>> implied no /var files via prototypes, so I'm unsure why the issue was
>> revisited from the /var end.
>
> Maybe it implied no files in /var but it sure wasn't enforced, even
> pkg-get from Phil himself delivers files to /var.

That's a good point, and something I had completely forgotten.
"forgotten about", does not mean "its okay", though

I havent made a new release in pkg-get for a long time. Certainly not
since any discussions about delivering files under /var.
On my next update to it, I intend to fix that issue. Thanks for
bringing that problem to my attention.