[csw-maintainers] /usr/local references, and packages

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 29 14:25:53 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jan 28 12:00:43 -0500 2011:

> > Alright, so the change introducing /usr/local checks was made 7 months
> > ago in r10400.
>
> Correction: it was checked in,  7 months ago.
> I was using a local copy for quite a long while.

A few points on this:

1. The commit of this changes seems to coincide with the uptick of
   blocked packages for this issue.

2. You should not be subjecting packages to checks with tools that are
   not fully visible to all maintainers.  In the future, please commit
   (to a public opencsw repo) any change to any script you use prior
   to blocking a package based on said change.  You're welcome to test
   changes locally, but this should not impede the release of anything
   before it's public

3. Any reason you've not adopted Maciej's checkpkg?

Thanks