[csw-maintainers] ideas

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Jul 9 20:46:20 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Sat Jul 09 08:34:05 -0400 2011:

Hi Maciej,

> The signature could be pushed from the signing side to the
> buildfarm, e.g.  using a RESTful interface. The +w would be on the
> buildfarm side.

Initially, I didn't think this was a good idea and I'm still not
completely convinced, but my initial misgivings have given way to some
further thinking about it.  I think what I don't like is that the flow
would be like:

p1 -> touch trigger file -> d1 signs catalog -> sent to p2 via post

The design I'd had in mind was:

p1 -> signal daemon -> d1 signs catalog -> p1 via some protocol

In the first mechanism, p1 and p2 could be the same thing, but it
doesn't feel right to me.  In the layout I was considering, it feels
like a more closed loop.

Thoughts?

Thanks