[csw-maintainers] [csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[15079] csw/mgar/pkg/libserf/trunk/Makefile

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 17 23:24:21 CEST 2011

Em 17/07/2011 21:49, "rupert THURNER" <rupert at opencsw.org> escreveu:

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 22:40, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rupert,
>>
>> Am 17.07.2011 um 18:20 schrieb rupert THURNER:
>> > many thanks, dago! one cannot say no to such a nice offer, could you
please help me get subversion-1.7 and serf running on unstable, or testing?
currently serf does not work, giving:

>> > $ svn up --ignore-externals
>> > svn: Error running context: Internal error
>> >
>> > you can change the svn client to use serf by inserting in
~/.subversion/servers:
>> > [global]
>> > http-library = serf
>>
>> An update of libserf won't work as svn is bound to libserf0-0 and the new
one is libserf1-0 which
>> needs a recompile of subversion.
>>
>> New build of 1.7.0alpha3 is under way, contrib/ seems to be missing in
1.7.0.
>> I'll try the above test against libserf1-0 when I have a package.
>>
>> The build now fails with
>>
>> > /opt/csw/bin/ginstall -c -d
/home/dam/mgar/pkg/subversion/trunk/work/solaris9-i386/install-isa-i386/opt/csw/lib/python2.3/libsvn
>> > cd subversion/bindings/swig/python ; /bin/bash
/home/dam/mgar/pkg/subversion/trunk/work/solaris9-i386/build-isa-i386/subversion-1.7.0-alpha3/libtool
--mode=install /opt/csw/bin/ginstall -c
_core.la/home/dam/mgar/pkg/subversion/trunk/work/solaris9-i386/install-isa-i386/opt/csw/lib/python2.3/libsvn/_
core.la

Why python2.3 while we have 2.4... that's one odd thing here.

>> > libtool: install: error: cannot install `_core.la' to a directory not
ending in /opt/csw/lib/svn/python/site-packages/libsvn

This is our python libraries directory.

Our Python is different from most distributions in that we have a patch
which removes the python version from the python lib subdirectory.  Don't
ask me why as the decision predates my involvement in the project. Some
upstream projects (libxml comes to mind) assume that there is or there needs
to be a version number in the python lib path. It could be an instance of
this problem.

I would like to reintroduce the version specific python lib dir, but it
requires time, and hasn't yet bubbled up to the top of my priority list.