[csw-maintainers] Fwd: git svn push, git dcommit leads to commit duplication?

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 21 12:51:00 CEST 2011

for the interest of the ones using git as client and want to update both,
git, and svn: first dcommit to svn to enrich with svn information, then push
everything to the git server.

a little bit background info how i got in this situation:
i did it the other way round, i.e. push first to github, then dcommit to
svn. i ended up having duplicate commits, one with svn info, and one
without, locally. the effect was that i could not push any more to github
(without forcing it though). i removed the surplus commits from github via
  git reset --hard <commit-id>
hoping nobody of you pulled them beforehand.

rupert.