[csw-maintainers] progress report

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 21 19:32:49 CEST 2011

Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> Em 20/07/2011 19:12, "Ben Walton" <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>>
>> Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Wed Jul 20 14:09:21 -0400 2011:
>>
>> Hi Peter,

>> > However, can we use one and only one source control system? It starts to
>> > be a little bit of a bazaar (and I'm not proposing bzr)
>>
>> I will place it in the opencsw sourceforge repository beside the
>> buildfarm code, etc then.  I agree that until we switch, mixing isn't
>> ideal.  I'll still develop with git but will push to svn for public
>> consumption.
>
> Can we use github (or code.google.com) for development in git and
> periodically sync the code with subversion?

Please use *one* official SCM and, if you wish, make a bridge toward
others. In what you describe, github is the principal one and subversion
a bridged one. What I propose is the contrary until we decide on
changing the official SCM. A final point is to use the same SCM for all
the public OpenCSW projects.
--
Peter FELECAN
mailto:pfelecan at acm.org