[csw-maintainers] Fwd: git svn push, git dcommit leads to commit duplication?

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 21 19:45:24 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> for the interest of the ones using git as client and want to update both,
>> git, and svn: first dcommit to svn to enrich with svn information, then push
>> everything to the git server.
>
> <plug>
> this is a good example of what happens when mixing SCMs and
> why we need an official one
> </plug>

I also fail to see why this is important, it's not just Rupert who
shows a lot of interest in this but in my opinion we have far more
important things to do at the moment and the more complicated the
situation is the less people can cooperate.

Can we push all these SCM/repo discussion and experiments until we
have a working release process at least. And to me it's obvious we
should only have one system and host, if it's not good enough for all
of our needs it's not worth the effort to migrate. Personally I've had
zero issues with SVN at SF.

/peter