[csw-maintainers] Uncommitted packages in experimental

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 2 12:22:05 CEST 2011

Hello fellow maintainers,

Currently, packages tagged uncommitted are not included in the experimental
catalogs. I find that I often want to try installing packages before I
commit code to the repository. To do that, I write shell scripts to push
packages out, then run gunzip and pkgadd. It would be easier if my
uncommitted packages were available for installation from experimental.

Do others think it's a good idea to allow uncommitted packages in
experimental?