[csw-maintainers] --catalog-release does not exist ?

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 2 18:10:08 CEST 2011

2011/6/2 rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>:
> what does the error message "--catalog-release does not exist" mean?

In this case the failure occurs, because /usr/bin/checkpkg is
currently the legacy checkpkg, and has different command line options;
it thinks that --catalog-release is a package to examine.

If you use csw-upload-pkg from gar sources, the upload will work.
csw-upload-pkg from gar sources uses checkpkg from the same location.

Ben will deploy a fix soon.

2011/6/2 rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>:
> and i am wondering why this error message cannot be presented in 2 lines
> insead of 40 :)

You wouldn't be yourself if you didn't, Rupert! ;-)

I don't have a good idea how to shorten the output without losing
information.  csw-upload-pkg runs checkpkg for each catalog, and I
didn't want to make it stop after the first failure.  It's useful to
know whether a set of packages fails for all catalogs or just one.

If it was a web interface, it would be easier, because a summary could
be displayed, with a "show more" button.  Here, you run the tool, and
either it prints something to the screen, or it doesn't.

As always, I'm accepting volunteer efforts to improve checkpkg.  The
sources are publicly available, and the bit of code that drives this
part of interaction is in the _RunCheckpkg function[1] in
csw_upload_pkg.py.  Feel free to hack at it and send me a patch!

Maciej

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/csw_upload_pkg.py#L487