[csw-maintainers] time to deprecate CSWmozilla

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jun 3 19:43:55 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As CSWmozilla is currently squatting on some nspr header files and
> nobody has interest in rebuilding it (we have firefox, etc), I think
> we should drop it from the catalog.  Anything that packages the header
> files where they belong should declare I with CSWmozilla and people
> that want both on their systems will need to make a choice between
> modern packages and a 5 year old mozilla.

Actually, I think "seamonkey" was already supposed to "replace"
mozilla for most everyone that cared. we most likely only kept it
around for header files.

There's just a question remaining, about what to do about the 2
packages that depend on it.
They are both rather old.. (and orphaned), but unfortunately, both
sound somewhat useful.

epiphany	The web browser for the GNOME Desktop
liferea	news aggregator for online news feeds