[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] pkg-config failure unstable9[xs]

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 5 17:00:41 CEST 2011

On 06/05/2011 09:55 AM, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

>> I'm also seeing a problem with Undefined symbol:
>>    XSolarisIASetProcessInfo            /lib/libX11.so.4
>>
>> Is that something you might recognise?
> Yes, these are still artifacts from
>   http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-x11
> where we tried to build the complete set against an OpenCSW X11. However,
> this doesn't prove good and the above error is an indication of mixed
> libx11.so.4 and libx11.so.6 linkage. The correct action is to find the
> "old" package and rebuild it against SUNW x11.

I think I'm seeing the same problem I had with graphviz.   If there are
installed .so for the package from an old installation then libtool
tries to link them into the new build.

I can't find any libX11.so.4 in any products in the build tree, but I do
find it in:
    ellson at unstable9s:lib> ldd libMagick.so.10.0.4 | grep X11
        libX11.so.4 =>   /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4

ImageMagic doesn't have a -devel package, so could you please uninstall
ImageMagic entirely from unstable6[sx]
while I try rebuilding?

John