[csw-maintainers] Rebuild of ImageMagick

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 7 16:49:20 CEST 2011

Hi John,

Am 07.06.2011 um 16:35 schrieb John Ellson:
> On 06/07/2011 10:29 AM, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> I am currently looking at a rebuild of ImageMagick and noticed some things on legacy libraries:
>> They seem to require tons of other libs and configuration files which would be pulled in from
>> the ordinary CSWimagemagick. The only dependencies are
>>  CSWpstoedit
>>  CSWkofficegcc
>>
>> Peter: Would you mind rebuilding pstoedit against an updated imagemagick on unstable* ?
>>
>> I would like to completely drop CSWkofficegcc as it is already old, broken and I don't
>> see anyone is interested in it any more.
>>
>> After that we could just ditch the old libraries *.so.10, *.so.2 and *.so.3
>>
>> John: After that I could release ImageMagick build against the updated graphviz.
>
> Dago,
>
> I notice you have a new librsvg too?  So am I correct that I should
> rebuild graphviz once  librsvg is installed on current9[sx] ?

As it has the new library naming, yes. Apart from that there should be no
change as the soname is identical to the old one.

> Is librvg built for 64bits?

Nope, there are too many missing bits for gnome not ready yet.

> Should I attempt to turn that on in the graphviz build?

You can try and disable all components not ready yet. That would make the
shortcomings visible and you could file bugs for these and enable them
one by one as they become available.