[csw-maintainers] csw-update-pkg does more checks????

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 8 04:54:57 CEST 2011

Hi John,

To address the subject - yes, it does more checks.  For example, if
you give it a sparc package with foo, it will expect there to be also
a i386 package with foo, and it will complain if it's not there.

2011/6/8 John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org>:
> liblasi built, passed its tests, successfully packaged, so I thought I'd
> try pushing it with csw-update-pkg, but no, apparently csw-update-pkg
> does some additional tests, tests that absolutely couldn't have been
> done earlier in the build process ?!, which failed.
>
> ellson at login:~> mgar/pkg/liblasi/trunk/gar/bin/csw-upload-pkg
> newpkgs/liblasi*
> There is a problem with the presented file list.
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'bad-arch-or-os-release', 'liblasi arch=unknown
> osrel=unspecified')
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'sparc-unspecified-missing', 'liblasi0')
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'i386-unspecified-missing', 'liblasi0')
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'i386-unspecified-missing', 'liblasi_dev')
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'sparc-unspecified-missing', 'liblasi_stub')
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'sparc-unspecified-missing', 'liblasi_dev')
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'i386-unspecified-missing', 'liblasi_stub')
> * CheckpkgTag(None, 'bad-vendor-tag', 'filename=liblasi expected=CSW
> actual=UNKN')

I suspect that a non-package file was passed as an argument.

What was the exact file list? (i.e. output of echo newpkgs/liblasi*)