[csw-maintainers] graphviz-2.28.0 lt_dlopen() problem

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 8 09:14:54 CEST 2011

Hi John,

Am 08.06.2011 um 04:40 schrieb John Ellson:
> I don't know how you got liblasi to build?   I had to change to:
>    CXXFLAGS = -L/usr/lib -lCstd -norunpath

This has a number of issues:

1. Setting CXXFLAGS unconditionally overwrites the GAR defaults.
   This means that e.g. -xarch=sparcv8 and -m64 is overwritten
   resulting in failing 64 build and sparcv8+ (compiler default)
   binaries in sparcv8 dirs. EXTRA_* makes sure the value is
   appended to the GAR defaults.

2. /usr/lib only contains 32 bit libraries. If you build things
   with 64 bit the best way is to use EXTRA_LIB = <libdir> which
   gets the ISA-specific subdirectory attached by default.

LDFLAGS does not work because it is not set in the configure-custom rule
for cmake. This was done manually by the original Makefile author and
would need adjustment by someone who knows cmake (not me).

The failing test for 64 bit seems to origin from a missing
  sparcv9/pango-querymodules
because binaries for 64 bit are stripped by default and just libs are in the
package. Fixing CSWpango now. It is a long way to 64 bit...

Additionally, I recommend not pushing things with controversial overrides
in it. As it worked for me it would be better to reply with "I get
error abc on host xyz and can't find the cause".