[csw-maintainers] An end to IRC back-biting ?

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 8 21:28:12 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> What I quoted from irc is a perfect example of the locked-in bias.
> My behaviour was exemplary in this issue: I responded quickly, and in
> a manner favorable to the person who approached me..

I don't think you're getting the context of what you quoted from IRC.
The thing is that you have always portrayed yourself as the only thing
guaranteeing quality from Blastwave/OpenCSW, without you checking
every package it would all go to hell. We have had many examples of
you stating that fact in one way or another, the latest just recently
regarding the upcoming vote.

Now peer review using checkpkg from GAR spotted an error in one of
your packages which at least I thought was somewhat amusing. I mean,
if you had used GAR yourself you would have known this, even if you
hadn't used GAR but tried the new upload feature it would have been
caught there but instead you totally missed it which just proves two
points - human inspection is inconsistent and you shouldn't inspect
your own packages.

To me, that's what those comments were about, that you yourself made
the case for us. You demonstrated why the current system is bad.

/peter