[csw-maintainers] proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jun 23 18:49:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Unless you've got a reasonable number of people (eg: more than one)
> wanting a certain amendment, I don't see why it would hit the ballot.

Because as you have pointed out, the people who pay attention and
speak up on the list, are already in favor of the proposal  as it is.
The whole point of having voting in the first place, rather than just
a "voice vote" on the list  is to "poll" the wishes of people who do
not speak up on the maintainers list.

Also: it doesnt "harm" anything, to have an amendment on the ballot.
if the silent folks dont want it, they wont vote for it.
Allowing people more options in a vote, shouldnt be something you need
to avoid. Rather, it should be favored.

politicians who attempt to limit voters' choices, are politicians who
manipulate the whole principles of democratic voting.