[csw-maintainers] proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jun 23 23:39:32 CEST 2011

Hi Jonathan,

I was going to write more, but perhaps it is better for me to just
write on the most important bits here:

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Jonathan Craig <jcraig at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Your current strategy seems
> to employ a delaying tactic in the hopes that everyone will get tired
> and leave so you may maintain the status quo.

actually, just the opposite is true. I've been petitioning the board
for an EARLIER vote on the related issues, for over a month now. They
have been delaying things, and making things more complicated for
voting for anything other than the new proposal.
If you disbelieve this, then request access to the full archives of
the board mailing list for the last 2 months.

my first emails to them about getting a vote going, was back on may 9th

I put forth a proposal for voting. I took the time to write up a
template for general "proposal" type ballots. They are the ones who
delayed things, and then, weeks later,  finally brought forward a
"vote" which was vastly different to the one I requested, in order to
favor their position.

Which is why I am complaining so strongly about manipulation of the
voting process.

If you wish to know more, then rather than attempting to summarize
over 30 emails, I will repeat my suggestion that you request access to
the full archives of the board mailing list.
You might find my original email sent to them on may 9th, to be
enlightening in the area of how you view my motivations on this.

> If you want to be
> heard, then lets see some original ideas that don't try to codify the
> status quo or stop whining about the downfall of the democratic state.

I have been putting together something which will go out in a few
hours. I was pondering whether or not to break it up into separate
emails. But given that some people have complained when I send out my
disagreements one email at a time, I'm trying to make a single email
out of it.