[csw-maintainers] Assessing catalog quality

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 26 19:28:49 CEST 2011

2011/6/26 Trygve Laugstøl <trygvis at opencsw.org>:
> Number of overrides is one thing that comes to mind.

+1. We also need to analyze the overrides but that's a different matter.

Also, the package freshness William used to publish is a good metric,
I think we can agree that in general newer packages are better than
older packages, they follow our current standard better and are more
up to date with upstream versions. I know that in some cases an old
package can be perfect, there's just no action going on upstream but
for the whole catalog I think it would be interesting to see how many
packages are 1-3 months old, 3-6 months old, 6-12 months old or older
than a year e.g.

Also, regarding the talks about peer review, why not use that as a
quality metric.

/peter