[csw-maintainers] amendments and issues with recent prop

Jonathan Craig jcraig at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 27 17:09:32 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Sat Jun 25 09:46:44 -0400 2011:
>
> Phil: I've modified the vote writeup such that it's talking about the
> proposal as written.  Please fill out the cons side.  If Jonathan does
> put forward an ammendment that's accepted, you can update as necessary
> before the vote if started.

Here is my proposed amendment with the pre/post paragraphs to indicate
placement within current proposal.  Wasn't really sure whether this
was to be submitted by mail or simply edited into wiki page.

-- amendment --
Any bug filed has the potential to trigger the creation of new policy.
This would require list discussion and in some cases a vote if there
is no clear consensus from that discussion.  New policy will be
implemented as a check within checkpkg.

As part of this effort a group of volunteer subject matter experts
will be established to support and maintain the release system.
Membership in the group is open and the purpose is to establish a
broad list of individuals who are best capable of supporting and
improving the release system.  This group will be subordinate to the
board and responsible for seeing that packaging policy is properly
enforced by the release system.  In the event an unforeseen issue
disrupts the release process they are empowered to manually augment
the system to enable timely release of packages.  Such intervention
will be logged with the understanding that repeated manual
intervention will require enhancements to the release system to
accommodate routine exceptions.

All items that fail checks in checkpkg may be overridden to allow
package-local exceptions to policy when/where required.  These
overrides are visible in the package delivered to the system and the
code repository.  Additionally, they can be queried for in the package
database.
-- end --