[csw-maintainers] amendments and issues with recent prop

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jun 30 23:54:32 CEST 2011

2011/6/30 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:

> Proposal processing goes like this:
>
> 1. A proposal is written
> 2. A vote is held, where options are: accepting, not accepting, abstaining
> 3. If the vote is conclusive and positive, the proposal is implemented
>
> If you have an idea for another proposal, you can write it up and put
> it up for the vote.  The same procedure will be applied.  Your
> argument is that your proposal would be similar to the current one.
> If this is the case, and the current proposal is accepted, you only
> need to write up the difference, and we can have the other vote.
>
> My role as the secretary is to implement the vote procedure, and the
> procedure is described as above.  I'm sorry, but even if it is
> suboptimal from your point of view, I am obliged to protect it and
> ensure that the vote process reaches completion.

When was the above procedure voted on? or approved "by consensus"? or
even brought up as a proposal for a discussion?
As far as I can recall. it wasnt.

So I'm missing how it is "your duty" to follow a process that was
never approved, to my knowledge?

Your description of duty to "protect" a proposal, seems rather odd. A
secretary of an organization is traditionally only a recorder and
processor of ballots, votes, and other similar duties.  Not a champion
or protector of any specific proposal.

also, I am fully encouraging that this "vote reaches completion". I'm
only requesting that the ballot have an additional choice box on it.

I'm not requesting on more discussion before the vote. only that the
vote have more choices on it. So there is nothing about this
threatening "completion of the vote"