[csw-maintainers] GPG Key Vote -- INVALID ballot

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Mar 1 07:39:41 CET 2011

I also have to point out, that there was a "late entry" to this
ballot, that was not properly investigated or written up.
The issue of key escrow.

(it was for this sort of reason exactly, that I requested that the
exact ballot wording be made public before the vote was made active.
  Not this shell game of, "well, we'll make a separate 'writeup'
first, but the actual ballot will be separate, and out of view, until
the actual vote is active)

The specific problem, is that "escrow" may imply to some people, that
it addresses the issue of "cannot take back a key, once it is handed
out".
Unfortunately, the proposed method (sssh, or whatever it was called),
does not do that (to the best of my knowlege).
 It splits up the key across (N) people. However, once their term of
office is ended, the same people still have the same parts of the key.
Nothing stops them from getting together and using it after their term
has ended.

If my summary of the escrow is valid, please adjust the wording to
make that clear (or preferably just remove the secondary question
entirely), when the ballot is fixed and restarted.