[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] opencsw-policy: The copyright notice

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 1 14:26:13 CET 2011

Maciej Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> There has been lately no progress on the issue on the initial patch.  The
> current state of opinions about the latest version of the patch[1] is as
> follows:
>
> Maciej Bliziński: For subsmission as presented
> Peter Felecan: For submission as presented
> Phil Brown: Against submission as presented
>
> The objection from Phil was that copyright is not necessary, while others
> (also outside the policy team) believe it is.  There was a suggestion[2] to take
> out the abstract from the patch.
>
> I did that, here's the patch which only sets the license.
>
> Policy team, RSVP.

1. copyright and license: alright for me, the only suggestion is to use
   GPL 3 as is the more current.

2. abstract: call it what you want but we need an introductory text and
   what was presented under the heading of "abstract" it's exactly that;
   I don't understand why you removed it: the discussion implied 3
   persons among which 2 were for keeping the abstract. It's that not
   good enough?

--
Peter