[csw-maintainers] Going ahead with package splits

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 4 20:59:36 CET 2011

Hi Phil,

Am 03.03.2011 um 15:46 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> to go ahead with massive rebuild it would be good to start at
>> the bottom, which would be
>>  gettext
>>  iconv
>>

>  before doing any "massive rebuild/split" work, shouldnt we have the dev/devel vote?

Sure, but as I anticipated it took a few days to respond and then the vote
was over :-)

Ben: Good to hear, please push as you see fit.

Sebastian: I need feedback on libiconv for a sane package name split as tons
of stuff depends on it and I want to get the dependencies right and not touch
everything again. Will you have time in the next few days? If not please let
me know also so I can prepare the package split and you can rebuild and release
if you want.