[csw-maintainers] Problem with magic checkpkg

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 9 01:50:55 CET 2011

2011/3/8 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
>  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/ctypes/__init__.py", line 371, in __getitem__
>    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
> AttributeError: ld.so.1: python2.6: fatal: magic_open: can't find symbol
> gmake: *** [pkgcheck] Error 2

The problem is caused by missing magic.so, a shared object which is
supposed to be under /opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages.  The breakage
of py_libmagic was introduced in version 5.05, but we didn't notice
that, because py_libmagic in the catalog stayed at 5.04 while other
packages were at 5.05.

After building 5.05, I did test the file utility, but not py_magic.
I've put in place a check for the presence of the magic.so file, so
this particular problem won't happen again:

files/check_pkgroot.sh
"/home/maciej/src/opencsw/pkg/file/trunk/work/solaris9-sparc/pkgroot"
+ test -f /home/maciej/src/opencsw/pkg/file/trunk/work/solaris9-sparc/pkgroot/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/magic.so
gmake: *** [post-merge] Error 1

I've built the previous version, 5.04, while keeping the new package
layout.  The updated files are available from
/home/experimental/maciej.  Buildfarm admins, please downgrade
py_libmagic on the buildfarm to 5.04 (the REV stamp is today, so
pkgutil should pick it up).

With the fire on the buildfarm put out, I'll examine what's wrong with 5.05.