[csw-maintainers] Major adjustment of GAR defaults

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 17 12:56:44 CET 2011

2011/3/15 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> Fellow maintainers,
>
> as it was observed during the talk in Dublin some defaults in GAR are
> not really sane and it would be good to adjust them. (...)
>
> Thoughts?

I think that all of these changes are beneficial and worth making.
What we can think about is minimizing potential negative impact, such
as broken builds.  Changes also need to be communicated.  I would
suggest creating a branch of GAR, introducing the change in there,
letting a few brave test them.  Testing instructions would be useful:
"To test the new GAR branch, run these commands: ...".