[csw-maintainers] Fwd: help needed for subversion ...

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 17 14:13:02 CET 2011

* Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> From: "rupert THURNER" <rupert.thurner at gmail.com>
> > i wanted to do an emergency build of subversion, as there is a remote denial of service possibility only requiring read permission, see http://subversion.apache.org/security/CVE-2011-0715-advisory.txt.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > for checkpkg:
> > would it be a possibility to do one of (1) use automatically the "old" gar version so it reliably builds, or (2) enable a continuous integration build so a gar change immediately lets the build of subversion fail?
>
> This would of course be possible but it would not be good: the udpated
> checkpkg catches much more errors and when they show up it usually means
> the package needs more fixing instead of "please let me release what was
> thought to be good yesterday".

I agree though that the possibility of emergency-building a package
tweak with the GAR version that was used to build the previous package
revision is something that sounds helpful.

Dago, could we start to integrate the GAR URL & revision that's used for
building a package in pkginfo? I remember that we had the discussion
previously and OPENCSW_REPOSITORY was mentioned. The used GAR revision
isn't necessarily the same though.

Sebastian