[csw-maintainers] proposed change to feeds listing

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 8 02:13:40 CET 2011

Excerpts from Trygve Laugstøl's message of Mon Nov 07 03:36:32 -0500 2011:

Hi Trygve,

> * The resource is served as "application/xml" but has to be
> "application/atom+xml". I think all that needs to be done is to
> either rename the files from "atom.xml" to "atom" as Apache seems to
> include a mapping for "atom" files, or add "atom.xml" to the
> mime.types file.

Corrected.  I took the first approach of simply renaming the feed
files.

> * The self link seems wrong, it includes a reference to your home
> directory :)

Doh!  Fixed.

> * The feed should include an <author> tag to be valid. This is
> probably a decent author:
>
>    <author>
>      <name>OpenCSW Robot</name>
>    </author>

Added.  The last time I ran these through a validator it didn't care
about this, but it did want a valid author (which requires
<email></email>) for each entry.

I've run (one of) them through both validators and it passed them both
now.

I also updated the links in the /feeds wordpress page on mockup.

Thanks