[csw-maintainers] minimum solaris 10 patche set / release

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 9 14:54:19 CET 2011

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Wed Nov 09 06:23:19 -0500 2011:

> For Solaris 10, is it the update number, or certain patches that we
> support?  Or is it patches, but we say we support U10, because it
> guarantees that certain patches are installed?

The former is much easier but the latter is nicer for sites that don't
live upgrade.  I'm open to either, I think, but would prefer the
patches option.  For most purposes, this won't matter but in corner
cases such as the one last night, it is clearly important.

The oldest system I could lay hands on had the required symbol
versions, so it is possible that the system last night, fully patched
would work too...

Thanks