[csw-maintainers] dovecot 2.0 upgrade need help

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 19 22:41:03 CET 2011

Excerpts from Jake Goerzen's message of Sat Nov 19 16:32:58 -0500 2011:

Hi Jake,

> Now with the newer version 2.0 the dovecot.conf file is supposed to go
> in /etc/opt/csw/dovecot/dovecot.conf.  When I respun the recipe with an
> updated sysconfdir=/etc/opt/csw/dovecot, the resulting builds are now
> looking in /etc/opt/csw/dovecot/dovecot!  This is not right.
>
> Suggestions?

Just set sysconfdir to /etc/opt/csw (or leave the default from
DIRPATHS in place).  That should see you get the result you need.  It
looks as though it's appending dovecot/ to whatever is set for
sysconfdir.

Is the old config compatible with the new?  If you, you'll want to
look at a migrateconf for dovecot.conf too.

HTH.