[csw-maintainers] error from csw-upload-pkg

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 25 10:08:15 CET 2011

2011/11/25 Daniel Pocock <daniel at opencsw.org>:
> This is my PATH
>
> /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/opt/bop/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/sfw/sbin:/opt/csw/bin

/opt/csw/bin should be in front, unless you have a specific reason to
do otherwise.

> Can anyone comment on the errors below?

My guess is that the packages did not go through the usual build /
check / upload cycle.  For example, there's "ENABLE_CHECK = 0" in the
Makefile, or the packages weren't built with GAR (which always run
checkpkg after building packages), or checkpkg wasn't run first for
some reason.

I'll look into improving the workflow. The csw-upload-pkg application
currently is not able to distinguish between certain states of the
package (metadata uploaded y/n, data uploaded y/n).  It tries to
reimport the metadata, but doesn't have sufficient privileges to do
so.

I'll look into improving at least the error reporting, and possibly
the workflow itself.

For now, try building a new set of packages (e.g. mgar
platforms-repackage) using the standard workflow.  Releasing them
should work fine then.