[csw-maintainers] GCC 4.6 progress

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 29 10:04:03 CET 2011

2011/11/11 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> The solution resides in the answer to the question: can a 32 bit
> compiler generate 64 bit code? In my opinion, the answer is yes and it
> can be considered as cross-compilation in a very lazy definition. Note
> that I didn't researched how to do this in the Ada compiler context...

It seems to me that if not cross compilation, then something akin is
necessary to build gcc with x86_64 targets for gnat.

A note to everyone: In the meantime: I'm stuck at compiling gcc+gnat
on Solaris 10 x86. Here's how it fails:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~maciej/gnat-i386-5.10-full.log.bz2

My calendar is full for the next few weeks, so don't hold your breath
on gcc+gnat, and the unstable→dublin integration.  If you are
interested in getting it quicker, your direct help is necessary.