[csw-maintainers] Catalog public key

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Mon Oct 3 04:19:46 CEST 2011

I went away for six weeks and when I returned the catalog no longer updates
with pkg-get -U from any mirror.  The catalog downloads and then I get the
error:

gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on configuration file `/u/jeff/.gnupg/gpg.conf'
gpg: Signature made Sat Oct 01 21:36:25 2011 PDT using DSA key ID 9306CC77

ERROR: catalog failed signature check (status 2)

You need to install the public key, either manually,
or automatically through a keyserver.
For keyserver use, try one of
  echo keyserver search.keyserver.net >>/.gnupg/options
  echo keyserver search.keyserver.net >>/.gnupg/gpg.conf
Catalog failed signature verify. Quitting.

I've tried the suggestions above with no positive results.  My gpg.conf file
contained the line:

keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net

and worked for years before.  Any suggestion as to what has changed and how
to resolve it?  Pgp has always been something of a mystery to me.  Thanks.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040