[csw-maintainers] MySQL in /opt/csw available for testing

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 5 08:33:50 CEST 2011

I've been working on an overhaul of the MySQL 5.0 package in the last
few days.  I've come up with a way to support multiple versions
installed at the same time, while the package is compiled in the
/opt/csw prefix.  The multi-version support is achieved by using
--program-suffix and alternatives.  For example, /opt/csw/bin/mysql is
a symlink to mysql-5.0.  I will probably introduce CSWmysql-common
when I establish which exactly files can be shared between MySQL
versions.

The packages are available here:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#mysql-5.0

...and also in unstable.

One bit of backward-compatibility is that localstatedir is still set
to /var/opt/csw/mysql5, to preserve the existing installations.  The
upgrade should Just Work(tm).