[csw-maintainers] Release process graph // release branch info on opencsw.org

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 25 01:15:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

have you struggled to remember how exactly our different package release
branches work (symlinks vs. real branches, manual vs. automated updates
vs. no updates)? At least I have, more than one time. Now there's help!

Maciej added brief explanations to our master mirror README [1] and the
following graph should help to get a good picture of what's actually
happening:

  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~skayser/opencsw-release-branches-v3.png

The release branch information on opencsw.org however is still outdated.
Any volunteer to de-duplicate and update the relevant content [2,3]?
Then we could add a frontpage news items (with links to the updated
information) to bring our users up to speed and spare them hunting for
details.

Sebastian

[1] http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/
[2] http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/releases/