[csw-maintainers] Current state of pkg feed? Integration into our front page?

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 25 15:19:45 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> one more question. Just added the unstable/i386/5.10 feed [1] to ceeswi
> for broadcasting on IRC. Noticed, that the feed file is ~500KB in size
> and contains items going back to early this year. The bot took a while
> to download it. Can you restrict the item retention to a (shorter)
> timespan to decrease the feed size?

I have also seen that as a problem that it's up to the client to limit
the scope you see. Since there's no interest in, let's say, more than
a month back  (or even just a week) it would be nice if the process
generating the feed truncated it. Simpler clients that can't set the
scope would be much fasten then.

/peter