[csw-maintainers] Current state of pkg feed? Integration into our front page?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 25 16:37:51 CEST 2011

2011/10/25 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Excerpts from Peter Bonivart's message of Tue Oct 25 09:19:45 -0400 2011:
>
>> I have also seen that as a problem that it's up to the client to limit
>> the scope you see. Since there's no interest in, let's say, more than
>> a month back  (or even just a week) it would be nice if the process
>> generating the feed truncated it. Simpler clients that can't set the
>> scope would be much fasten then.
>
> Ok, I'll curtail this.  Is everyone happy with a 1 week interval or is
> a month preferable?  In the current implementation, there is no
> culling at all. :)

I'd say a month rather than a week. The feed should still be reasonable in size.

Ben, I also wanted the feed to be more terse, e.g. don't report foo,
foo_dev, foo_bar, foo_baz in separate items.  I would be willing to
look at it, if you gave me some pointers, where to get the code and
which functions/classes to look at.